PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2005, 03:57
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke with a seven year captain on the Comair Regional Jet and he made US$130,000 last year. I simply cannot believe that regional salaries are so low in Australia.

If I were a paying customer, Id be really concerned about the quality of job applicant that these carriers are attracting.
Chris, it strikes closer to home for even you now... Suggest while you are wondering away why Australian conditions are headed the way of the dodo, you ask the Net Jets pilot group why they too (80 odd from my understanding) are on strike requesting to be paid in accordance with skill required to carry out their duties.

Ferris, what did that bring to the conversation? I am aware of at least one person who joined the RAAF in 2002 after a stint in KU with a reasonable slab of GA time already under his belt. Is he rubbish because he got off his date and paid for his training first? Much like the airlines the RAAF are looking for the appropriate size and shaped peg ideal for the hole.

Some of you seem just to argue for the sake of it here. OK, everyone has an opinion but just because everyone has one (however differing), does that make it neccessarily right?

Perhaps I'm getting disgruntled for being stuck in GA for too long.... A little early in the day for a rum...