PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 11:26
Bad Adventures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m no fan of the LHR base. However the reason why the LHR base cabin crew are currently getting long slips in Singapore and Hong Kong has got nothing to do with the wording of their contracts, or days off, or duty hour limitations or any other rubbish that is flying around. It is purely a schedule restraint problem, it’s not rocket science!! However let me explain it for those individuals who are a little bit mentally challenged when it comes to scheduling. The 87.55 hour slip that LHR based crew currently get in Hong Kong comes about because the QF30 only operates 3 times weekly. It leaves LHR 12.20pm on a Friday and arrives in HKG at 07.40 on Saturday. The next QF30 flight back to LHR leaves on Sunday morning at 01.05am. The crew cannot obviously operate on this flight due to the slip time (well under 24 hours). The next scheduled service of the QF30 up to LHR is on Wednesday therefore creating the long slip. Exactly the same situation occurs with QF16/QF15 out of Singapore as it is also only operates 3 times weekly. Am I getting through here??? As has also been pointed out on many previous occasions the QF16/15 will terminate as of 25 March 2006. The company need these aircraft to commence daily services to Hong Kong the following day (QF 29/30) So, again the slip times for the LHR base crew as from the 25th of March 2006 will be:

QF2/QF1 slip time 31.20 hours. Min requirement 12 hours.

QF30/QF29 slip time 41.25 hours. Min requirement 17 hours.

QF32/QF31 slip time 44 hours. Min requirement 17 hours.

You only have to look on CIS to get these figures!!!!!