PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Eba
Thread: Jetstar Eba
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2005, 05:14
Big Jan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"To answer your question, Big Jan, my definition of a senior J* captain, is one who is in a check/training role in J*, and these are very predominantly ex-AN people, and specifically those previously mentioned.
These are the individuals that the other pilots - esp. the F/O's - will be looking and listening to, for leadership, and support."

I think you will find that the guy's you have defined as senior Jetstar pilots had absoloutely nothing to do with negotiating the new EBA.I think you will also find that the entire training organisation of the 717 which half the company is still flying does not have any ex Ansett people in it whatsoever.This means that most people have as yet had no contact with the people that you are describing.There are already a pile of people that these other pilots and FO's have been flying with for years if they are going to be looking for leadership and or support.

Whether the Jetstar pilots accept this EBA in it's present form or not it really has nothing to do with you.As you said at the end of your post (sarcastically) "they be flying jets in OZ"
Thats right ! and it's something you will never be doing