PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2005, 11:36
RaverFlaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I heard in regards to voting for the EBA, was that a lot of the native language speakers didn't actually vote as they didn't fully understand the EBA and found it too "difficult" to read through to make an informed decision. This is evident from a native Japanese language speaker saying to an Australian Japanese speaker that they don't understand the EBA and it is too difficult to read, and that they won't be voting.....

However having said that I am not implying that all the people who did not vote were language speakers, just that there was some cases I am aware of people not voting who were in fact native language speakers.

Received a memo today from Andrea Staines, commenting on the report about AO becoming Jetstar, and she said Geoff Dixon's developing vision of the qantas group internationally is that it will have both full service and low frills flying. Referencing Jetstar doing trans tasman flying, and us to source new profitable routes.

I don't believe we will become part of Jetstar in any way as we are two completely different business models, and given our new EBA, this highlights just how different we are in terms of flying that can be done and the direction each subsidary is going.

Just my spin on things.

RaverFlaver