PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair hires FAA/ US B737 Captains via Brooksfield (merged)
Old 18th Jul 2005, 04:20
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow

True Ironbutt: ALPA is far from perfect, whether as ALPA or ALPO. But when Valuejet was begun, their Captain (many had been Eastern Scabs) pay, with no benefits, was less than that of many delivery truck drivers-maybe less than that of some gravel dump truck/lorry drivers. I suspect that ALPA needs so much money in order to contribute to the Congressional PAC funds (just guessing here) in order to reduce airline obligations to pension funding and other very serious matters, that they would rather have dues money from any pilot-'former' (always) scabs or not. Most of my clarifications/responses on Pprune always take up too much space. I wish that they had not allowed Continental into the flock (that decision was probably a 'flock'-up), unless scabs were somehow excluded. Flew a short while in C-130, Bandits, Shorts and (still) years in larger tubofans with P&Ws .

Thanks for the compliment [whether in agreement or not, my comments are always sincere about our industry and our profession, both of which are suffering from the most serious attacks imaginable, partly OPEC..I guess that to offer to give the Israeli Air Force 50 free F-22s might not help ]. When an airline charges $200 US for a ticket and a FOURTH of this ticket price goes to taxes and govt/user fees, I wonder why OUR own US government is trying so hard to cripple its own airlines and staff/employees. No, our industry is not alone, but our representatives are aware of the exorbitant price of fuel and many might be aware of the taxes/fees. .

Last edited by Ignition Override; 18th Jul 2005 at 07:21.