PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Job For Outsider
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2005, 13:01
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
woof, whether by design or mistake you have misunderstood my point.

The question of government permissions wasn't mentioned in my posting because that is a totally different kettle of fish. I'm sure you are aware that a European or American has many governmental hoops to go through to get a permanant position in West Africa, so it isn't very different to Europe for an African. If the company needs you they will make it possible no matter what race, colour or creed you are.

I was talking about the attitude of protectionism based solely on where you come from in the world when being interviewed for a position. On another thread that I have contributed to regularly, the local pilots were complaining that the qualifying requirements for some advertised positions were set too high and that the spec should be lowered to get local pilots into the jobs because it was wrong that ex pats can fly for a West African airline. Actually they were saying in essence was 'I don't have the hours, so lower them'. I believe the airline in question received quite a few applications from local pilots who met or were very close to the qualifications, and quite a few from non locals. The criteria for acceptance was experience and ability, nothing else.
Simple and fair to all, no discrimination at all, which is how it should be in all areas of the world.