PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2005, 12:14
THINALBERT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no criticism of the tech crews at all. In fact I believe if you reread my last post you will see that they were complimented. I think the point that I and many others have made in the past is that RBA is totally dependent on the goodwill of its crews to keep the show on the road, yet it treats them terribly. This particular situation could have been avoided if there had been a spare aeroplane available to enable in depth engineering trouble shooting to be carried out at main base (history of high eng vib) prior to despatching on this unfortunate series of flights. But there wasn't and there never was. The engineers are rightly bitching cos they never have the airframes on the ground long enough to fix them properly, downroute maintenance are not happy at the number of "ADDs" they get lumbered with due "no time to fix" at BWN and the crews (who are less and less experienced) end up carrying more and more snags in older and older aeroplanes whilst the fleet office roster themselves for another long AKL trip, or 5 weeks summer holiday.

And, if you were a pax on the flight that had 2 eng shut downs and 2 diversions, would you fly RBA again?