Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2005, 05:53
Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thin Albert.
In answer to your question "Why aren't Airbus Pilots resigning?"
Several reasons.

1. Some of the ex Ansett guys have got their retirement schemes sorted and are happy to have a job they enjoy and are not too upset about terms and conditions at the moment.

2. Some of the ex Ansett guys were unemployed for a couple of years and are happy to be in a secure job.

3. The rest of us have bonds to serve out - three years - for most of us that means just over 12 months to go.

4. The rest of us are new on type and have only acquired about 1000 hrs on type - not really enough to make you a particularly attractive commodity in the A 320 employment market.

5. Others have applications pending with other companies and they haven't borne fruit yet.

On a different subject altogether.......
When we first got the A 319s there was talk that RBA was going to get 2x A340 -500s that suddenly were available due to Air Canada having problems.

Then when I was on my way to DXB for sim our CEO told me (and an F.O. and a DFM - we were all there) that we were looking at
A 340 - 300s - ex EK - ex SQ I forget which.

Then when the same man came on my Flight Deck a few months ago he was full of us getting A 330s becoming A 350s.

A few days ago I was told that an F.O. had a chat with the same man and was told that once the B 757 goes we would be looking to get another 2 A 320s to operate to Ho Chi Minh.

So in accordance with our Strategic Plan we are getting

A 340 - 500s.

No sorry, I meant A 340 - 300s.

Ooops ! What I meant was A 330s.

Make that A 350s.

Disregard all previous, I meant A 320s.

Watch his space.........

All those in favour of electing Private Baldrick of Blackadder fame to the position of 'Head of Strategic Planning' say "Aye".
P.S. I have a cunning plan.