PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP training question
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2005, 21:57
Shuttleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Von SH. Welcome!
However if you are going to post stuff here it's going to be used by guys to make pretty important decisions! Heaps of inaccuracies in your post I'm afraid. Without being rude , a typical post from someone who has only spent a year in the job and is still in the "honeymoon" period.
Lets hear from you when you have suffered a couple of years! ( I like your description of LHR hassles though!)

For example ; Staff Travel. A free pair of club world tickets a year? Unlimited First Class ID90s? Yes please…

Total bollox !
You have NO First Class entitlement as an F/O!
Once a year, they offer a J ( if space available ) entitlement , but since there are hundreds of cabin crew (a thousand CSD's) with a similar entitlement to you, but far greater staff travel seniority (refers to date of joining the company), you probably won't be boarding unless you choose a really obscure route well away from favoured holiday times. ( DXB in June should see you ok!!!)

This made me laugh too !
sitting out in the sun outside our plush hotel whilst knocking back the beers . True , the hotels , thanks to Balpa are fine, I'm afraid most European nightstops are min rest . You will invariably run 50 minutes late thanks to the BA chaos that is LHR. Your nightstop (time at hotel ) will on average be 11hrs, maybe 12hrs. I hope the beers you knock back are Kaliber or you will have a pretty short career!

Last edited by Shuttleworth; 12th Jul 2005 at 09:29.