PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non Punitive reporting in EK. Does it exist?
Old 11th Jul 2005, 18:17
Vorsicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rumour about the Jo'burg guys is true. They both had a warning letter put on file. Apparently the Captain had his removed after some lobbying. I don't know about the F/O.

This has naf all to do with reporting though. With the amount of monitoring 'big brother' does at EK, it was going to be discovered anyway, not to mention the SA authorities looking into it. We do have a caveat in the FOM about non punitive reporting which basically says that if you make a stupid/deliberate screw up, writing an ASR won't absolve you of the responsibility, which is fair enough I think.

Still it says a lot about EK's culture. Remebering the debacle after the last Jo'burg incident where the company immediately tried to use the tech crew as scape goats.

The recent incident had something to do with the peculiarities of the 'bus and intercepting G/S from above. I am not familiar, but apparently it is one of those airbus things that can get you if you are not careful. Once again I would suggest that the first point of call should be the training department for both the crew involved and the investigating committee.