PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus to order 3 A380's
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2005, 11:40
Jim236

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark I think I'd know a little bit more about Dublin Airport and Aer Lingus than you do, and thats pretty obvious from your rediculous statement above.

Jim - where are you hearing your stories from?

First of all - Dublin airport fastest growing airport?? It's a bloody kip!!
Dublin International Airport was in 2004 Europe's fastest growing airport. I admit I'm actually wrong in saying it currently is as now Shannon International Airport is Europe's fastest growing airport of 2005. But one indication that Dublin Airport is growing very fast is that the IAA have had to reduce horizontal separation between aircraft from 5nm to 3nm in order to handle all of the incoming and outgoing traffic.
But Dublin Airport is in no way a kip as you put it. I'd bet you've never even been but you think you've still got the right to comment on such an obnoxious and arrogant way. IMO Dublin Airport is very modern and although security may be an issue, everyone there is still very helpful and the services are great and I've never once had a problem in that airport unlike airports such as Paris-CDG, London-Heathrow and Barcelona where I've had lost baggage or baggage not being transferred properly and extremely inadequate service. So as far as I'm concerned, Dublin Airport deserves recognition for its services and it got it last year!

Aer Lingus don't use 747s for years and then suddenly when they aim more everyday to become a LOCO they start buying the biggest plane in the world?!
Aer Lingus are ONLY LCC on European routes and its planned to stay that way. Aer Lingus wouldn't be allowed to go LCC for any routes outside of Europe and I highly doubt they would either.

The plans you mention of the construction of the new terminal are not as advanced as you make out either.
Funny how you can comment on Dublin's new terminal as no plans have been released to the public yet, probably the reason for this is because they've not finished designing it yet, nor deciding the site for construction so you can't comment.
I've been told by several sources that they will be accomodating the A380 in the future but thats not to say they'll actually get the A380 flying there.

As it stands anyway DUB could not facilitate a 380.
Well done for stating the obvious. I've already stated that about 3 times.

Before they buy new aircraft, I think that EI have to define its product, is it a LOCO or a Flag carrier? Premier class is gone on most routes, they wont fly coffins and they even have to give a phonetic version of the gaelic passenger briefing to the Flight Attendants, so whatever happened to the Irish colleens smile?
Wtf? Thats biggest load of I've ever read.
Get your facts straight for one thing. Aer Lingus went back on their policy and they now fly coffins.
And in case your're not aware, the Irish language is a dieing language among the public and is rarely spoken outside the Western region of Ireland. So flight attendants do need those cards.
And as far as I'm concerned, those flight attendants still have that traditional Irish smile they're famous for.
I've flown on Aer Lingus many times and have never once had a problem with the cabin crew and they were always very friendly and and helpful.
And on another note, again Aer Lingus are only LCC in Europe and no where else. On trans-atlantic routes, they provide excellent service and its definitly to BA standard but your probably like Mark Noble in knockin it before tryin' it.

But one thing to mention though is that the A380 has very low maintenance costs compared to a plane like the 747-400

Where did you get the figures from? Are they based on mx costs divided by 800 seats?
I got them from Airbus so take up your disbelief with them.
No airline will actually order the full 800 seats yeah idiot. I've already explained the reasons for this before so try go and reading previous posts before jumping to conclusions.

So Airbus send out inspectors to make sure that Aer Lingus are using all their A320's. What complete and utter rubbish.
No ya stupid twit, try reading my post and you'll know what I mean. But for the benefit of such airheads like yourself, I'll explain it again. If Aer Lingus were to actually order some A380's in the future then they'd want a discount of course like any airline would. To get this discount they've bought a lot of A320's but these have now replaced their 737's so theres no problem with that but for them to benefit from a future discount Airbus sends over inspectors to see that they're using all of their planes and not just buying loads of them for a discount(which they are) but Aer Lingus make it seem like they're not. Might seem like rubbish to you but believe it or not its true.

To be fair, the MD-11 flopped because McDonnell failed to make it perform to the gaurantess given.
They simply stuck wingtips on the DC-10 wing and hoped it would do.
It has poor fuel burn and range.
Yeah thats true, McDonnell Douglas did rush the project a lot and I'd say maybe if they spent more time at it, they'd have had a better and more economical product and they probably wouldn't be out of business today.

Last edited by Jim236; 11th Jul 2005 at 12:00.