PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2005, 02:27
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7gcbc

Maybe, but you must also accept that it was the legions of "wannabes" before them and the ones before them that brought us to this point.

I have over the last 30 or so years seen hundreds of the most unlikely schemes hatched by the desperate to get those hours.

There was not one of those that didn't bust the rules, predate an existing operators client and revenue, cheep (often their previous employer) or make a profit. Just for hours.

The airlines are complicit and the training orgs who advertise "how to become a B747 Capt for only $25,000"

If there was one single way to sort it all out, it may be IMHO (and I haven't thought it through completely ) that we go to the UK CAA ATP system and the Australian airlines and operators are required to sponsor your "frozen" CPL/ATPL issue.???

Dare I mention the word cadet here or would that be just another way for the operator to exploit the pilots "dream".

You can get a law degree but you can't practise on any one unless you have done a further apprenticeship called "articles" likewise medicine and just about any profession trade that is licensed.

Aviation is the only place that you can get a "licence" and literally be operating on real live passengers the next day.