PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ravenair - Northwest Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2005, 16:30
mark twain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravenair

My experience of Ravenair is as an ex- instructor there, plus I did my CPL and IR with them.

The operation has improved by vast amounts in terms of efficiency and control. The airport is easy to fly in and out of, and the aircraft are well maintained (in house maintenance helps).

I have been involved with them for about three years, and to start with it was hard to give good customer service. This has improved and far greater focus has been placed on the Flying School operation - in the near future the third hangar will provide the base for the flying school and the facilities will be superb. In the meantime extra space and investment has been made in the infrastructure.

In respect to the training, the main IR instructor is a career instructor called Craig Padfield. He is absolutely superb and totally commited to his job - how many instructors offer to get in at 5.30 am to get the aircraft ready for you to fly over for the IR test? He puts himself out to make sure you do well - whatever school you goto you can ask no more than that.

Some comment is made about not having the examiner on site - however I found the short flight over to Leeds a nerve steadier - it also allows you to gauge wind and general conditions. Not a bad thing.

Money wise they are very good to deal with and ethical in the dealings. Jeff Nuttall (the owner) is an ex-Air2000 captain, and the school run the Thomson Flying Club, Air2000 flying Club, The Thomas Cook Flying Club etc etc. you will meet loads of current airline pilots - it is very good for getting contacts.

If you have any more questions please drop me a pm, I would be happy to help where possible.