PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are pilots handycapt??
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2005, 09:47
SebasW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not lie, alot of times our working day consists of signing for papers, getting into the plane, landing on the other side and getting a free lunch before we come back. BUT that is certainly not always the case...

And last time I checked any successful professional, whichever profession he/she finds themselves in, enjoy what they do. I know of alot of people who have 8 to 5 jobs but enjoy every single moment of it.

The thing is alot of people take us pilots out because we "never do any real work". But all I can say to them is, become a pilot and then we'll see if you can cope with it.

Being a pilot is a profession but it is also a lifestyle that you have to adapt to very bloody quickly otherwise you ain't gonna make it boedie!!!

I get seriously F'd off when people tell me that I only fly because it means that I don't have to work. AND do not say pilot's are "not intellligent"...

Think about it this way...

You can become a doctor by scraping your arse through on a 50 % score but to even be able to do your practical test for a CPL you need 75 % in all your subjects.

Apart from that many pilots have university degrees in Mathemaics, Physics, Management and many others.

Crewbouy: You better get your facts straight before you start playing with the big boys.

And in conclusion...