PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence validity
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2005, 08:43
Frelon

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Licence Validity

Hi Homeguard

Actually I did ask for my UK PPL back but it was not updated with my Certificate of Validation or Medical Certificate. However the shiny new JAA PPL contains my Certificate of Validation and now my Class 2 medical certificate.

Having been coerced to delve into LASORS by Engineer I see that if my normal residency is in another JAA state I may apply to change the state of licence issue so the sensible approach is to approach the French authorities and go through this process. This will mean that I can benefit from a French Medical Examiner fee of €30, and, if necessary in the future, a free Skills Test!!

OK, having then transferred my JAA PPL to France will my UK PPL be valid? I guess only if the Certificate of Validation is up to date (should I have asked CAA for two C of Vs?) and the medical certificate is current.

Next question, why would I need both? Surely the French JAA PPL would cover me for flying in the UK?

Regarding the French medical…yes, that’s what I thought!! I did challenge the CAA letter regarding not being able to convert my French Class 2 to a UK Class 2 and have just heard that this has recently changed!! The reason I have been given is that the French MEs have two rubber stamps, one for National Medicals and the other for JAA Medicals. BUT the Medical Certificate I was given clearly stated that it was a Classe 2 certificate!

Hey ho, on to the next challenge.

Oh dear Aeronut, sounds like one of those dreaded Skills Test for you . Don’t worry they are not as bad as they seem . Try one in French!

Frelon