PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 7th Jul 2005, 08:39
giveitsome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LIFE'S GOOD!!!!

Spent nearly ten yrs in the Mil followed by the last 4 1/2 yrs in a contract role. Have had great times in both. $$ lifestyle and wife & kids all being happy has largely resulted in my choices. Yes as others in the post have eluded to ESSO is a good option, but then there are many good options. Also have mates in CHC-Aust, Bristows-Aust, QLD Rescue, RAN and RAAF , media channels, Sea World Heli and all are happy mainly because thay are good guys and are motivated.

I guess it all boils down to what kind of person you are and what floats your boat. There are many folks that are manky and narly simply because that's their personality. Beware the late night negative sentament from other pruners that have an axe to grind. These dudes are generally in it to arc folks up and see what they get in terms of bites. Pretty easy advice here, The best way to look like a di - -head is to argue with one, hence don't.

My 2 cents, There has probably never been a better time to be in RW aviation as many jobs/opportunities are opening up with the vietnam/baby boomer dudes looking at retirement on the horizon and coys expanding. Chin up-Life is Good!!!!

Yes PT is a good bloke and did my wings test a few moons ago.