PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2005, 00:12
maxgrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been stated before, it's not just the pilot's who are bullied by employers or ops mngrs into breaking rules while flying. It is the pilot's who accept the job after a pilot has raised valid concerns and said no to flying.
Like Victor two I would rather stand by my decisions than have to explain in front of a board of enquiry or worse, someones family.
Can be very hard but most employers will see that the decision is based on real concerns and usually honour your stand.
To those pilots who are prepared to then come along and do that same job....well

I am not a big fan of unions but I do believe the aviation industry, namely pilots need to get organised and unite. The industry has always been harsh on pilots' wage wise. Employers have and will continue to expliot drivers so they can make a profit or to simply stay afloat.(Usually because the next operator is doing the same damn thing). Legislation and or some form of unity within the drivers' domain needs to be sort. Pipe dream....Hope not.

I am in GA and am staying here for a while, by choice.