PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2005, 04:57
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiona, I wish you luck firstly with your interview, but mainly for the rest of your life after your personal tragedy. You are a strong woman who has made an impression on a lot of people in a short time.

ITCZ,

Having re-read this discussion in the cold and sober light of day, I confess I am at a loss to understand your attack on me. Your chief concern seems to be that I called a theory a law, though the first time I mentioned it I called it a principle. I'm quite happy not to call it a law if that term upsets you, but the rest of my post stands uncorrected. It is a simple fact that there is an enormous oversupply of pilots for the demand.

Neither will I resile from my OPINION that as long as there are kids looking up to the skies with stars in their eyes, nothing will change in that regard, and I believe it would be a brave man who would challenge that statement.

As to the rest of your post, apart from those attacks on me, I find no significant points of disagreement at all. Perhaps you assume that because I believe something is the truth I am by definition in favour of it? I can only assure you that is not the case.

I comfort myself that when I am attacked by those on both sides of political and economic fields of thought (as I have frequently been in the past on these pages) it's a reasonable sign.

Cheers.