PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2005, 03:42
Hotpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Corners

ITCZ
I totally agree with every word you have written. You must have read my mind. From these threads it is easy to see who the operators are.

cjam
You are obviously on the same wave length as I am.

Victor two
With no disrespect but it would appear that you have or have had a vested interest in a GA company. I apologise if this is not the case but this is certainly the way you come over.
I can assure you that the industry is rotten in certain areas GA. Up until very recently I was employed by a GA company who I believed valued safety and pilot wellbeing, i.e. in regard to pay and conditions to be paramount. How wrong was I!! I was told to leave with no reason given. When asked for the reason the operator refused to give one. Guess what - they also refused to pay me out in regard to holiday pay and payment in lieu of notice. I suspect the reason for my dismissal was because I voiced my concerns regarding certain safety factors. Hence I did take my safety concerns to the appropriate authority, i.e. CASA. This was before I was terminated.
I must also add that I am not exactly a green CPL holder. I have been in the industry for 18 years and worked for a couple of third level operators in Australia and overseas. The reason why I decided to take up a position with the company mentioned above was so I could be at home with my family and hence I did also take a 30% pay cut and had to go back to flying piston engine aeroplanes.
I see myself as being no expert in safety but based on my experience I do know what is right and wrong and unsafe. What annoys me is when people acknowledge problems with safety and it falls on deaf ears. Having had a number of close friends killed in the industry and to see that these accidents could have been prevented due to a number of reasons I feel that these dodgy operators should be dealt with accordingly.