PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfreezing PI/S hours (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2005, 19:19
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The joys of JAR

Unfortunatly its going to be very hard to get an answer.

There are alot of views both side of the fence on this one.

Under JAR there is no such thing as P1 and P2

Only PIC, PICUS and CO-PILOT and they don't mean the same thing as the old system.

PICUS is defined in LASORS and is a bit woolly.

see http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20A.pdf

annex B

Its says it must be acceptable to the CAA but I have never heard anyone who has been told what is acceptable or as such holds an approval.

You will get one side saying you can log PICUS as PIC then in remarks put down as PICUS with the commanders sig and others who say it should be log as co-pilot etc.

Who's right i don't know.

I can't see how a OAT intergrated graduate can ever get their ATPL unless they count PICUS towards PIC time without hour building PIC at some point. And I can see the argument that your never PIC as an FO on a multi-crew aircraft.

People I know who have emailed the CAA on this subject have never got a reply which means anything. Ie refered to LASORS or when pushed a reply which says they can only comment on a individual license application to the person involved and it will only hold for that particular application.

Unfortunately only subjects like Instructors logging 3 solo send offs for a x-country qual seem to get any responce from the CAA on PPrune followed by an update of lasors. But I don't think we shall be so lucky with this one.

MJ