PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! IFR to Deauville this weekend
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2005, 12:27
six-sixty

Location: European Administrative Area (Western District and Islands)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! IFR to Deauville this weekend

To anyone who channel hops IFR regularly, I really appreciate some advice. I'm planning to go to airways to Deuville this weekend from Wycombe. My IR is freshly minted so I'm relatively inexperienced going anywhere other than via Daventry...

My problem is the route back. Getting there seems no problem- A34 to SITET for the STAR.

How to get back though? The nearest 3 airways are one way, though there's a SID to ETRAT which is on A34.

If anyone has experience of this route I'd appreciate any advice. For example how about direct to MID? Would they throw that out? Otherwise it's going to be a right old round the houses job.

As a general point, does anyone know what resources are out there for the newly wet behind the ears IR qualified pilot? Most of the literature out there seems to be geared towards getting the actual rating. I've heard a rumour that somewhere on the Eurocontrol's website you can enter a route and see if the computer likes it or not - anyone know of such a place? (I can't find it!)

Any advice greatly recieved,
S-S