PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying For Fun
Thread: Flying For Fun
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 23:20
cubflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin,
it may well be possible to have some kind of link to something at the booking in tent. But there are no telephone lines within a few hundred meters. I guess some knid of wirelesslink might work, if someone has the technology and equipment to let us borrow!
Fax has been thought of, but problem due to no phone lines!

ATIS seemed to be variable quality, I'll pass on your comments!
Aircraft for sale is dependent on who turns up with an aircraft they want to sell. The guys running it said they had more than usual. A friend of mine was selling a very nice Glastar, didnt you like it??!!
Didnt get to the fly market.

Not sure what you mean by "no focus" does there need to be a focus? what do you want? serious question.
I thought the focus was all the aircraft flying in and there in the parking area for you to see. The biggest collection of aircraft in one place in Europe each year (3rd biggest in the world) All different types, aircraft that you could build, restore or buy yourself, some equipped with the latest technology, some back to basics. Plus meeting up with lots of likeminded people , old friends and new, its a big social event too. Then there is the exhibition area if you want to buy something or see some new kits on display.
This is what its all about.