PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Corners
Thread: Four Corners
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 14:20
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mainframe. The AOC clearly specifies RPT operations in C208 aircraft between Bloomfield, Cairns, Dunk Island and Lizard Island only - no more, no less, no Cairns - Bamaga. Therefore I assume the film fottage was "generic".

YBRM. Disgusting!!! Perhaps other twin engine aircraft pilots from the same company may care to confirm or deny the allegation this operator is not honoring it's obligation under the relevent Pilot's Award? Perhaps Aero Tropics may care to comment?

Some years ago I heard of an operator who based unpaid pilots in Cape York to fly C206 and P68 aircraft, then charged them $10 per day accommodation. One of those pilots, who could not afford the "rent" slept in the back of a utility for some months whilst flying long hours in clapped out aircraft.

Fiona

Welcome to PPRuNe. On behalf of our members world wide and particularly here in Australia, our sincere condolences for your tragic and sad loss. Our thoughts are with you.

I found this evenings Four Corners program excellent journalism and your comments extremely focused, relevant and poignant - a credit to you! Had the program drawn conclusions it would have preempted the ATSB investigation and jeopardised the program\'s credibility.

It is time that both the general public and those in this industry became aware of the atrocious and illegal wages being paid to - and not being paid at all - to GA pilots in Australia. Sadly few are willing to risk their careers filing complaints with the relevant industrial relations authority. I trust you at least will file an action for recovery of unpaid wages, not only on behalf of your husband, but the hundreds of other pilots in Australia who are being exploited whilst chasing their dreams.

Welcome to PPRuNe. Our heart is with you........

Woomera

Last edited by Woomera; 4th Jul 2005 at 14:47.