PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something mysterious in Snowdonia
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 11:05
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
crab ,
A pretty quiet Sunday morning thanks. Couldn't find 'Magic' etc on the open www. Besides as they have helped me in the past, I wouldn't want to upset them by letting every T,D & H know how to get hold of them!

EESDL,
Sorry that I'm not busy enough for you, although perhaps some would think that is a good thing.
I reckon everyone had a feel good factor after watching live8, although it's a pity it didn't last throughout the afternoon/evening.

whoateallthepies,

Reference your AIC 3.4.3 quote, you forgot the very first line which states;

"(a) At locations having no ground radio facilities a VHF channel is available to assist departing helicopters."

You also omitted the conditions of use, which include;

"(ii) Transmissions shall occur only when helicopters are operating below 500ft agl
(iii) Helicopters approaching a site should monitor the channel. Blind transmissions are not permitted."

If the messenger passes the correct message, he has nothing to fear.

IMHO, I don't think DEPCOM ('departure' communication!!!) applies in this case as this isn't a 'departing helicopter situation.

So if transitting the Snowdonia Parks area, DEPCOM and SAFETYCOM are not of use because they are for 'departing helicopters at locations having no ground radio freqs' and 'for use at aerodromes having no notified ground radio freq' respectively.
No wonder this thread still goes on.

SS