PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas; the thread.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 10:27
Bad Adventures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That all makes sense Rollz

QF is losing buckets on the Mumbai run using these weight restricted 747-300 rust buckets. By a tech stop in DRW I gather you mean a refueling stop as the A330-300 does not have the range either. It will be interesting to see, whichever crew does the run whether they will be slipping in DRW, otherwise it's a huge tour of duty. With the QF15/QF16 going and the QF29/QF30 going up to daily, those nice long slips the LHR base crew has been getting in SIN & HKG will be history, what a lovely base that will be to fly out of then! The cancellation of those A330 SYD-MEL-HKG flights will free up aircraft for the additional Shanghai service and the new 3 times weekly Beijing services. The additional JNB service which starts in DEC and is going through Perth for the 1st 3 months is going to be done by 747-300 aircraft. Once that goes to a direct service in FEB 2006 I wonder what's going to happen with the 747-300's then? Over to Australian Airlines maybe or should I say Jetstar international as they will soon be known. Anyway definitely interesting times and thanks for the update.