PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something mysterious in Snowdonia
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 07:11
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Fellow Rotorheads

May I suggest that this thread has run its course?

Gets quite frustrating when you log on to see that the thread has moved to the top of the forum again, you click on it, hoping that something useful has been added, only to find that it's only someone perpetuating the pi55ing contest.

I think by now that, maybe, all useful points have been made(?)

Then again, it's a free world and the pi55ing contestants are at liberty to gain a reputation for their perpensity for 'one-upmanship' - dangerous attributes in our field may I suggest.

Crab, there's no need to feel as if you have to defend yourself or feel that you have to keep 'spelling it out' for those pilots who haven't quite grasped your point or have not read the whole thread (guilty of that crime myself). There are many of us who understand where you're coming from.

ANO
You've all (more or less) made valid comments (IMO), although some of them have been tangential in their relationship to the initial point and some have been naive in their content. Almost as if you went mountain flying once (Snowdon is only just a 'mountain'), got away with it, and now think is the template for future excursions because you came to no harm.

SS
Pretty impressed with the reply that listed all the frequencies, just hope that you're not getting paid by the hour because, obviously, you're not busy enough:-)