PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something mysterious in Snowdonia
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2005, 05:39
[email protected]

Received 651 Likes on 286 Posts
John, on the Mk 3 we have seperate VHF and UHF radios and both have a TR+G so 121.5 and 243.0 can be monitored. On the Mk3A we have 3 multiband radios, all with a TR+G facility.

Mayotte - when you have someone else to talk to then there is no problem - all this thread has been about an area where no ATC is available at low level. The helicopter detachment provided themselves with mutual support by using a company frequency and one of them monitored 121.5 as well - perfect. If you are a sngle aircraft with no ATC and no company freq then why not use 121.5?

TC - if St Evil is who I think he is then his flying experience far outstrips yours, do show some respect. No-one heard you on 121.5 then? that's because no-one monitors it which was the thrust of this thread anyway. I didn't expect an answer when I put out blind calls giving our position.
In most areas of Snowdonia you can't get Caernafon or Valley (who are shut at the weekend anyway) at low level, so where are the 'local air traffic pressures' then.

SS - slow day at work then? Don't forget Magic on guard.