PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pondlife
Thread: Pondlife
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2005, 21:24
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy to tell you that Ryanair impose life-long company ban on any pax caught smoking on board;much more effective/satisfying than involving disinterested Italian/Spanish police;unfortunately I don't believe such info goes outside RYR, and I don't know how well/rigorously we impose the ban.I always found in the good old days before ticketless-travel, asking to see offenders tickets as they got off(if they were outbound)and confiscating same, gave one a certain satisfaction.At least they were forced to waste time/money/effort to sort out how they got home.Like so many aspects of "captains discretion" I suppose I would be the one in the sh*t if I did this now, sad. . .bloody sad. Apart from life-jackets we "lose"a lot of seat-belts and seldom carry spares,great news for someone if it is a full return sector!On our newest aircraft life-vests have been re-located behind a flap in overhead service panel,obviously not just to improve accessibility,also one less place for DOT moles to hide dummy-bombs for our CC.