PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying For Fun
Thread: Flying For Fun
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2005, 09:13
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't make it. I'm also afraid that I didn't make that much of an effort to make it either....

The more I fly the more I get really wary of large gatherings of planes that are all converging into one place, in marginal weather and with a large variation of pilot experience levels.

I had to be back home by early afternoon and my son was desperate to go for a fly so I couldn't really say no as I am trying to encourage him to get into flying. Needless to say, we got half way to Compton Abbas and he decided he wanted mummy and that daddy's plane was really boring....

Finally I made a quick solo dash to Popham for a read of the paper and some lunch. It was beautufully tranquil.

Sadly I am at a ruby wedding celebration from lunchtime onwards today so it looks like the rally 'aint gonna' happen for me in 2005.

It's sad that so many people slate it as if it stops for good there will be a really annoying "do you remember the good old PFA/FFF Rally?" comments for years to come.

Surely if some structured comments and suggestions were placed on the PFA forum then the whole process will gradually improve. I can't help feel that people went there in readiness to moan about it this year so it didn't really stand a chance.

However, £15 quid for a stunning vintage a/c to arrive does take the mick slightly. I concur with your annoyance Rob.

P.S Anyone know who went in to the rally in a Diamond 40? I very nearly had a head on with him en route to Popham. Two seconds later we would have been modern art on Coombe hill..........