PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2005, 23:05
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One unexpected but nevertheless welcome bit of good news is the signifcant increase in Ryanair services from Stansted to Cork starting with the introduction of the upcoming winter schedule.

Ryanair Stansted Cork will increase from 4 to 6 daily services! At first I thought this a little bizarre but thinking about it somehow makes sense. My family and friends in the London area come over regularly and a few times in recent weeks I have been checking availability and on a good number of times I have found just two or so flights available on certain days indicating the other flights are full?

However, I wonder if Ryanair have missed an opportunity not to try a new route from Luton to Cork? I am sure a potential new route like this would attract some kinds of incentives at both Cork and Luton Airports?

Well, if Ryanair are not interested in LTN-ORK maybe easyjet may be temped to give it a go? I mean, why not?

The biggest surprise of this season to date is the relative success of Ryanair Liverpool-Cork. A cousin has family in the Liverpool area and he has flown the flight now about 4 times since the start and all the loads on his flights have been strong.

This is mind boggling when you think of some of the light loads poor Jetmagic used to have on the route and they had some pretty good fares on offer too at the time!

Long may FR LPL-ORK survive. A nice little extra it has been!

Eirjet are in a pickle of sorts again tonight. A hired in Omni International 757 has gone tech in Verona that was bound for Cork and the passengers have been put up in hotels for the night.

Coincidentally, (almost like Continental that!?) Omni sent in a second 757 this evening to Cork on a another EIR hire in from Palma so nice to see a bit of variety there. Cork has been doing well for itself with 757s with so many EIR and Lourdes flights being operated by 757s, she being the new Queen of the Skies n' all but it would be just the icing on the cake if only the Omni DC-10 at Dublin decided to give us all a visit here at Cork. Afterall, the Air Afrique DC-10 had no problem some years ago! Guess, this wish is more in hope than anticipation!