PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qouta system and rating paying
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2005, 21:45
Stassiebal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't posted on this forum in ages myself... bu thought I'd give it a go.

Just out of interest.... would it not be better to put a guy with little experience in a nice comfy cockpit of a nice big aerie with lots of power next to an expierenced captain who's seen it all before than putting the same guy in command of a 210 in harsh and difficult conditions doing the real flying having to miss the mopanies??

I would think that this is maybe a little more difficult than sitting up front in the Jet? This way the chap with little experience will be able to learn from the experienced captain. If something was to happen there would be two of you on board to handle the situation.

And then just to add to a point made earlier...... I was on my ground school course for my JAA Frozen ATP and some of the guys on course with me already had jobs waiting for them with Thomas Cook, EasyJet and My Travel. This before even passing the ground exams.... never mind 200 hours. Most of the guys on that course with me now have various jobs on various different jets.

Actually.... you'd be hard pressed to find anyone over here working on a 210 as a first job.

Now.... before everyone starts screaming and shouting that Africa is not the UK.... I know that. I understand that the situation in Africa is different. But if it happens here.... I don't know why it can't happen there!!!

Just my 2c

Stassiebal