PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfreezing PI/S hours (merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2005, 10:51
Seabiscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I just say be v careful. Maybe I was just unlucky, and had to deal with someone in the CAA on a bad day.
But after having some of my P1 u/s time signed and all the other requirements fulfiled I sent off my ATPL application. Got a very cheeky phone call the next day from a lady in the CAA saying it was totally unacceptable that I did'nt haveevery single flight signed. When I asked what someone who had a Digital logbbok would do, the response was it was his responsibility to print it out, find the capt's from X years ago and ask them to sign it.
In practice told her politly (but biting my tougne) that this would nothappen. So she then agreed if i got a letter from my arline saying how much P1 and p2 time i have that would suffice. After explaining i could get her my total time from the airline, i wuld not be able to provide a break down of p1 and p2 because my airline only kept tab's on total time on type i.e block hours (as im sure many do). She agreed. Got the said piece of paper and faxed it across. Que second phone call. saying it did'nt break dwn the hours to p1 and p2. After hitting my head off a brick wall and explaining to the same person what i had explained a day before, she agreed once again. More to come.Next day phone call no 3. Get me a copy of your TRE/I approval to conduct ATPL kill's check. He was a JAR examiner!!!!! and has been doing Uk licences for at east 10 years. And he was on holiday for a week.
As I said in 7 years of dealing with the CAA I've never had a bad word to say, but this did require a few pints of the black suff!!
If u can, save your self a lot of hassle and make an effort to get as many signed as possible.
Happy Flying