PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a professional helicopter pilot again?
Old 19th Apr 2001, 13:28
quidam

Cool Advice on my mid life crisis

Currently I have all the flying ability of the average house brick! I'm 28,bored with what I currently do and I'm now actively looking towards getting my CPL(H).
I've looked at the Integrated ab-initio courses but in reality I need to continue working and I've just about settled on the Modular route.I've spoken to my local (South Coast) schools and have my preferences and am waiting for the Cat 1 Medical at the end of May before going further.
Each school sings the virtues of either training method, training machines and how to most wisely use the ' hours building' section before the proper CPL course.
I've saved,begged and borrowed most of the cash required but what I'm really lacking are plain and simple views on how best to make the most productive use of it( without the money based advice of the schools).Are there any schools that come recommended?? I hear rumours of tax relief with training costs but the tax office and other 'state' offices only scratch their heads.I know it's not gonna be easy but I'm still determined to make a go of it.All comments and views gratefully received.Cheers.