PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you become a professional helicopter pilot again?
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 20:29
A Grey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EE.........I am with you mate. I spent a year with the airline industry (Air France) and have flown military fixed wing. My soul, passion, heart and way of life is rotary. I am HM Forces, but that is not the point........its the passion, do you look up into the sky when something flys over, do watch/read flying related stuff, do you enjoy 36,000 feet or 50 feet on goggles/FLIR. Those are the true questions. Underachieving is just mudslinging as if you really want to do something you'll do it (medical permitting) even if it means working in Mac Donalds for 50 years to get your ATPL.

Some people like the airline ' I'll have the chicken please' way of life others prefer the 'wobble heads'. If you are up there looking at someone else then life is too short and you are either too lazy to change or you don't have the true flying bug/passion previously talked about. Just like some people like blondes, others brunettes....we are all different with mutual respect.

I know that I could impress a BA Captain by doing NVG under wires in poor viz..........on the other hand he could impress the socks off me by sorting out a serious emergency IMC, just after take off or just about to land with 300 pax down the back.....its all relative. I don't want his job and I doubt if he wants mine!

Last edited by A Grey Man; 3rd Jul 2002 at 20:35.