PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 16:06
smo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have nothing to hide and never made wrote anything that require hiding nor would i ever do. It is a matter of principal and character. I am starting to feel like broken record here but for the last time: I've been breaking my back for 12 years now, and I have been busy supprting/raising a family for the last 6. So when you call me a whore not only are you insulting me and my integrity but my family and all my friends in the Canadian Aviation industry that have been busting their chops beliving they are doing good for the future of their companies and their customers.

No doubt deregulation and predatory pricing did not help anyone the last few years, but working your way up the totem pole was hard in this country long before that happened and that is the subject at hand. I am no position to decide what a navajo or PC12 driver deserve. Deserve is a relative term. I do belive that the the starting salaries at the Airlines set the bar to a certain extent. The fact that you start at $34,000 at Jazz cetainly does not help anybody in the general aviation sector. How can you demand a lot for flying King Airs etc. when you get the above for flying a Dash 8 or an RJ. Who's fault is that? I don't know, I think it is a combination of many factors. It is certainly not just the pilots.

cplpilot,
So you think restricting # of licenses issued is funny? Well it is being done through reduced class sizes at government funded college/university programs. Like I said it is never going to happen because it would be impossible to establish a system fair to all private flyingschools.

Last edited by smo; 30th Jun 2005 at 19:07.