PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 13:48
smo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coward only applies to those making statements they would not add their name to or say to someones face.

Thanfully most of us on here do not write anything we would not happily add our name to. Keep's it civilized.

You certainly seem hot and bothered with the pilot wages in Canada. So what is your solution? Co-ordinate a nation wide strike? Demanding better pay is easier said than done in the wake of 9/11, higher insurance rates, through the roof fuel prices and tonn's of unemployed pilots kicking around.

I repeat, it is the story of supply and demand. The supply has allways been a lot higher than the demand in Canada and allways will be with 250+ private flyingschools in addition to colleges, universities and the airforce. I agree that pilots that offer to work for free do not deserve to hold a license. Do not categorize me as one of them because I have never done it, but that is what you are doing, calling everyone a whore.
I think the only solution is for the government to tighten the noose on how many commercial licenses are issued annually, but then the flyingschools will scream bloody murder.