PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2005, 13:09
STC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smo,

Sorry I called you a whore. One dictionary defines a "whore" as someone who will "compromise one's principles for personal gain." But, the word "whore" is slang and somewhat vulgar. So. let me rephrase my statement:

All Canadian pilots are NOT whores. They are prostitutes.

Is that better? One definition of prostitute is “One who sells one's abilities, talent, or name for an unworthy purpose.”

In my opinion, based on the information on this thread, that is exactly what Canadian pilots are overwhelmingly guilty of. If you accept a wage for a flying that is below acceptable rates, especially if your duties are out of sync with your work description (those pilots that fly, then hang around the ramp loading, then spend the evening spit shining the bird and not counting it as “duty time” come to mind) instead of instantly realizing that those jobs cheapen the profession and support the operator’s opinion that pilots need to “work their way up” to a real pilot job, then you are contributing to the problem.

If operators know they have a huge pool of these people to draw from in Canada, what incentive do they have for developing creative training schemes, or paying an entry level pilot for flying instead of cleaning? Not so much…..

The ex-Jetsgo pilots did a HUGE disservice to the industry by going beyond even prostitution and actually paying the employer for the privilege of working there. The truth hurts sometimes.

"Cowardly"? Hiding behind a user name? This is an anonymous forum. Most of us are aware of what that means and each of us is entitled to "hide" or expose ourselves. By calling me cowardly for posting anonymously, you are effectively calling the vast majority of pprune contributors including yourself "cowardly". Sort of an unjustified generalization don't you think?

Perhaps you should apologize…..