PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is This Fair???
Thread: Is This Fair???
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2005, 12:00
Tuned In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morphius

Are you making sexist and personal accusations and pretend you're concerned about unfairness? It has always been allowed to train for the CPL before having passed the exams, although it has also always been discouraged by the schools for the student's benefit. If it was any of your business then you could have checked with the school and they would have told you the same thing.

I believe I might know about the incident you mention, except you have important details completely wrong, although I know exactly how chinese whispers added the embellishments. I suggest you remove the allegations, especially as it is possible to identify the woman in question.

ex-speedite

If it is the incident I know about, you too have the facts wrong! If you think a TCAS advisory necessarily leads to paperwork or CAA involvement then you really should have listened more carefully your groundschool. That would be ridiculous!
Busting any airspace is a serious matter, busting Class D is another
Again, you seem to have forgotten your groundschool. There is no controlled airspace you can "bust" VFR below class D! It is the lowest possible bust, as flight in class E is legal without clearance under VFR. Therefore any bust is at least class D.

Class D busts are not that uncommon, nor are they usually dangerous. Most lead to no further action if safety was not compromised and if the pilot's response on realising the bust is reasonable. I understand in the case I am assuming you are talking about her actions at that point were exemplary (information comes from the ATC involved). CAA were informed, but they decided no further action was required as in the vast majority of MORs.

Personally I would rather see her as a CPL holder than someone who will make judgements beyond his experience from ill-informed gossip and publish them on an international forum! Especially if they have forgotten what they learnt at groundschool.