PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something mysterious in Snowdonia
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2005, 01:18
Presstransdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In civvy street over the UK there is no need to listen out on 121.5. No need to even carry a radio in the open FIR. Let’s not complicate things.

If you have a problem then TX on your working frequency. If you have no radio then, hey, you know the risks

As a SAR pilot I have never had to request a TDA/TRA although Kinloss have kindly offered it to me on a few occasions to which I have said no.

A dose of good airmanship by us has always sufficed and so far, good airmanship has always been shown by those around me.

I dislike it when some people in the emergency services overreact to an incident and I do not intend to join in.

A point worth mentioning is, as far as I know, that Danger areas, temporary or otherwise cannot stop civilian aircraft from entering unless that particular area is protected by a local bylaw (e.g. Salisbury Plain).

Dare I say it; an emergency caused one party does not necessarily mean an emergency on everybody else’s part.

Dare I say it (2), I get the feeling that there are one or two on this forum that get a little carried away with their own self importance and need to be taken out now and again and walked around in the real world.