PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 21:33
smo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gloryfied Donkey,
I don't know if your last post was directed at me but if it was you are dead wrong. I would not automatically take a 747 position.

STC,
You can make more than the majority and still be underpaid. But when you throw in the cost of living factor we're not doing so good anymore. Cost of living, i.e. real estate has gone up alot the last few years but pay has either remained the same or gone down. If you look at what local pilots get paid in Africa, South America and many contries in Asia Canadian pilots are certainly better off.
I "generally" respect everyone's opininons and standpoints but I get pissed off when someone has the ignorance to call every commercial pilot in Canada a whore for accepting the jobs that they do! You will never or have never heard me say or read a statement from me putting down thousands with one derogatory remark. That is not to suggest i am innocent of everything either. You happen to have chosen a market where the employees have had the upper hand due to a shortage of qualified people. I still stand by my statement that to many pilots and not enough jobs is a major factor in the paylevel being what is in this Country. It's the old "if the first guy don't take it there is allways someone in line that will".
Besides, what does jetsgone have to do with this? You painted every single commerial pilot with the same brush.
Actually with Jetsgone out of the picture all the other airlines in Canada have increased their fares dramatically but i did not hear of any pilots benefiting from it.

Last edited by smo; 29th Jun 2005 at 05:08.