PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 19:59
STC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generalizing all Canadian commercial pilots....
This thread is FULL of generalizations. Why pick on mine?

I'd love to hear you utter that statament surrounded by a crowd of pilots.
Jetsgo pilots perhaps? Between "tricks" I assume.

Yes we are underpaid but still make more than the majrity of pilots around.
So which is it? Are Canadian pilots underpaid or not? Seems to be alot of contradiction in this thread on that point including some statements you make in the same reply. You looked for employement abroad because you couldn't afford to hang around Canada, but Canadian pilots make more than the majority...does that make sense?

And with the surplus of pilots we have here, my 7500 hundred hours of flying is not worth alot unfortunately!
According to some, you don't need any experience to land an F/O job in a 747. You just need to be over 18...

I bet you have no issues with driving on a 4 lane highway at a 120km/hr though, which is hundreds of times more dangerous. Or do you simply not trust your own handywork or the level of maintenence found in Canada?
The level of experience is a huge factor in driving a car or an airplane. I have never been involved in a car accident and I consider my experience and skill a huge factor.

I also consider the risk involved. Drivers between 16 and 20 years of age account for about 20% of accidents but represent only about 10% of drivers. I was lucky to be able to make it through my younger (more dangerous) years. So yes...I wouldn’t feel comfortable as a passenger in a car on a difficult high speed roadway with an inexperienced driver. Would you?

With respect to commercial single engine IFR ops, I just think it was a bad idea from the start and many passengers don’t have the means to determine the risk themselves. I do, and I refuse to get on them as a paying passenger. You don’t have to agree. Jump on!

Handywork and level of maintenance? Its got nothing to do with this discussion. As I mentioned before its not even a valid comparison in my opinion. Yer talkin’ apples and oranges.