PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 16:47
smo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STC:
Generalizing all Canadian commercial pilots as whores just goes to show how incredably shallowminded you are! I'd love to hear you utter that statament surrounded by a crowd of pilots. Yes we are underpaid but still make more than the majrity of pilots around. I belive that the starting pay at most places here is way to lowbut compare the average regional payscale to any regional in the States your jaw would drop. Start pay at most U.S. regionals are in the $20,000USD range. I think the point here isn't just the pay level though. You could fly a PC12 for Bearskin and make 60K when they operated them, and their Metro III Captains can make 70-80K. there are many operators in the general aviation sector that do pay fairly but my issue like I mentioned earlier is where can I go at this stage in my career and make enough money to live comfortably and save some for a rainy day? Sure, if i got on a Canadian carrier and they survive I'll be making ok cash in 10 years from now. The problem is I really cannot afford to make peanuts for another 5 years and that is why I decided to look abroad. And with the surplus of pilots we have here, my 7500 hundred hours of flying is not worth alot unfortunately!

Won't fly on a C208 or a PC12? I bet you have no issues with driving on a 4 lane highway at a 120km/hr though, which is hundreds of times more dangerous. Or do you simply not trust your own handywork or the level of maintenence found in Canada?

Last edited by smo; 28th Jun 2005 at 21:37.