PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wow it really sucks up here!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2005, 00:12
Dockjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grass is greener everywhere else- got it.

For me, I'm staying here dead grass and dirty ground and all. I'll never make Cathay money, or be a widebody Captain by 30. But I'm not the one that got into this career with "big dreams and a sparkle in my eyes" either. Sorry if you all are disappointed in how its worked out for you thus far. It hasn't been easy for anybody this last 5 yrs, myself included (3 layoffs).

But hey if you base your career expectations on Catch Me If You Can then I think you'd better look in the mirror as to who's in neverland. And don't go blaming the flight schools- what a sad cop out. Does the world owe you a job as a pilot, just because you went and got a license? Did you research the industry AT ALL before embarking on the training? Is it the "industry's" responsibility to make sure everyone that trains can become a jet pilot? Who is the bogeyman here? Other pilots?!

Happiness comes when reality meets expectations. If your expectations of Canada were to enter a cadet programme, fly a jet at 20 yrs old, and make $80K to start then I can see why you're not happy. That doesn't exist here and its your own fault for not knowing that in the first place.

CanAV8R- Standups are fine, thanks. Not my favorite shift in the world, but what are you, too good to fly a turboprop? Too good to fly at night? Please elaborate, because as far as I know a large portion of the job of pilot consists of flying people to and from different destinations, sometimes even at night!