PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something mysterious in Snowdonia
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 22:55
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crab: Please don't dig any deeper - please!

Your comments on this forum wreak of naivity. You must remember that you are fully immersed in the military world (a most noble profession) and have very little understanding of civilian aviation. I know you THINK you know about civvy flying because you've tried time and time again to exert your perspective of civilian flying on many a previous post.

Listen up for once, OK:

Mickey mouse HEMS broken ankle and fingernail jobs do not a TDA make, not now, not never. Very few HEMS, rescues make for the calling of a TDA. This is because of the relationship between cause and effect:
Cause - broken leg on side of mountain.
Effect (if you call a TDA) - total disruption to all aviation for miles around.
They aren't worth it are they?

TDA's should only be used in anger if there is a genuine perceived threat to air/ground management in the area of disruption.

You flying around in your 10 ton banana coloured penis extension do not need a TDA to protect yourself from....what exactly????

I fly in the national park daily it is littered with GA, all of them on different frequencies, all of them taking off and landing, buzzing the park. In addition there are microlites, paragliders, radio controlled sites...need I go on.
It's called normal Class G air activity, like it or leave it but don't think because you fly with HM's roundel on the side of your a/c, that you can police the area with a big stick.............................
Leave that to us (joke ok!)

When you leave cotton wool club, you'll become an honourary member of the real world until then......don't burn tham thar bridges sunshine - you might need them to make a quiet retreat.

As for 121x5....enough has been said.

For the rest of us: don't tar the rest of the mil with the same brush, Crab's just a bit keen