PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfreezing PI/S hours (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2005, 11:05
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you guys perhaps clarify something for me...

if you meet all the hours requiremenmts for atpl issue, but are just short the multi pilot type rating, and before you ask how can you be short the mptr if you have the 500 hours multi crew time, it also says you can use time flown on a certified single pilot aircraft, if under national law and regulations it required two pilots.

so i have over 500 hours multi pilot time, but not an actual mutli pilot type rating on my jaa licence, so my question is:

when i start with an employer, and they rate me on a multi pilot type, will this automatically entitile me to the atpl.

i see in lasors, it says that your initial mutli pilot type rating can serve as your atpl skills test too, now is there anything extra they do on the type rating training to make it acceptable to serve as the atpl skills test...or how does it work?

if you go to flight safety in the usa or middle east and do a type rating there, will that also be acceptable to the uk caa, are the flight safety instructors all jaa approved and is flight seafety considered a trto?

many thanks for you help...