PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 26th Jun 2005, 22:55
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Australasian updates – addendum.

In order to help job seekers, a couple of posts ago I gave an update for the 17 May – 12 Jun ’05 in Australia and New Zealand. I forgot to mention an important point for industry watchers.

Those who are watching where their next job comes from need to be aware of another set of figures. Increase in fleet size is one thing; but a lot of machines are bought and sold in the reporting period; these figures do not change the fleet size.

Much like buying a second hand car where you live, numbers remain the same, owners just change.

Now this last reporting period has shown a most unusual situation in New Zealand, maybe “pprunites” will have the answer for us.

Australia: 17 May 12 Jun ’05. Added 12 to fleet, but 19 changed hands. A sort of "average" event for register watchers.

New Zealand: 17 May – 31 May: Added only 5 to fleet, but an extraordinary 32 changed hands. This is not an usual event, so a lot of people have bought second hand machines.

Thus NZ people would need to be ask: "Who are these new owners and are they starting or expanding a business?"

Food for thought. Any feedback?

Hope this helps. If you want the list of all new owners, then PM me for a listing. Best of luck!

Sources: CASA and NZ CAA government websites.