PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reds - Fuel wasters
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 17:35
FEBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
casper
an insult to the dedication and professionalism of the team.
To suggest that the RED Arrows transiting policy be reviewed is not an insult to their professionalism. It is, however, an over reaction from yourself.
On this occaision, last Sunday, they were high speed transits in two formations through LFA6. They were heading along a ridge (usually used by Tucanos LL nav route) heading roughly east. During the weekend this area is densly crowded with gliders, light piston aircraft not to mention a parachute airfield very close by. They could have easily collided with a light piston flying into sun and the wreckage would have fallen onto a village below. Whereas, had they been flying at less densly populated altitudes the risk of collision is greatly diminished.
I have no brief regarding their flying or formation skills. They are, I believe, a good advert for the RAF, but they run the risk of acheiving precisely the opposite if they are invloved in a collision with light civvy traffic during the weekend by sticking to what I believe to be an unsafe transiting policy.
What's their number for booking a flypast next week??? Only joking