PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trubute - 717 Overnights.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 13:15
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memories so distant. Oh well. We don't even need overnights anyway... We have COMMISSION!
Oh yeah... I forgot about that! So hows the new Bentley going? I am sure the commission more than covered the lost $$ from the overnights with enough left over to finance a new luxury car...

On another note, funny overnights that I have experienced on the Virgin Atlantic exchange so far include:

Narita: Karaoke @ The Truck - Oh, the glamourousness! Full of drunken air crew all on heat hoping to find a Truck F ....Although the place mysteriously cleared out about halfway through my fabulous rendition of 'Crazy In Love'

Las Vegas: Such famous hotels! The Bellagio, the Wynn, the Mirage, the MGM - then there is ours, off the strip, full of fat old americans in wheelchairs attached to oxygen bottles whilst smoking a cigarette playing the slot machines - and drink waitresses with rather 'robust' bottoms wearing black mini-skirts and gold tops running around barking 'cocktails, cocktails' at the top of their voice

Hong Kong: No night in Hong Kong would be complete without a visit to a nightclub area called Lan Kwai Fong ("Lick My Thong"), then down to a place called Wan Chai and a club called Dusk till Dawn... full of aircrew and prostitutes (literally!). Great bands, tiny toilets, never any room to move however always so drunk there that noone cares! The night is finished off with a kebab from the best kebab shop in the world - 'Ebeneezers'...

Washington: Ahh, the murder capital of the world (funny that its also the american capital?). Hotel straight out of the 40's, 10 mins walk from the whitehouse - thats really about it!

Thats really all I can add for now, however I am going to Shanghai next month - should be able to add a few stories from there!