PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing , Boeings , gone.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2005, 03:36
Grubby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tan, brucelee, etc.

Quoting your friend RR writing today

"3. Several of our pilots have communicated to their co-workers and called for action to slow down the Company's operations. As you are aware, such action would be illegal, and so is the call for it. We are all professionals and I know that the vast majority of you do not condone or support this activity. Wherever such activity happens by a few, we all suffer the consequences – Company, pilots, and fellow employees alike. We cannot allow a situation to continue where a group of pilots promotes and encourages unlawful action to further their personal agendas. Therefore, we have filed an application with the Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB) to order these people to stop any such activity.

This may look like a strong reaction. But keep in mind, permitting this type of illegal activity has negative consequences for all of us. In addition, the use of illegal means to further personal goals is disrespectful to all of you professionals who play by the rules. Our application with the CIRB ensures that your interests receive the proper consideration in the lawful venues.

Our focus in applying to the CIRB is to stop the illegal activity. We are not interested in retribution or revenge, but we need to stop the illegal activities from interfering with our operations.

4. We have also made the point to the CIRB that the vote was influenced by the seniority issue. If the CIRB feels it appropriate, it could return the mediator’s report to ACPA for their consideration and a possible re-vote, absent the seniority interference, thereby ensuring that the issue can be dealt with on its’ own merits. Whether or not this occurs is obviously up to the CIRB.

We have come through too much together to let this set us back. I know that in the current situation, emotions may run high and viewpoints are sometimes disputed. Remember, we may all have different opinions, but we are united in one goal: making our airline a success. On that front, we are doing well. We are on a roll, our bookings are good, the operation is running reasonably well and things are looking up. "

What is RR saying? Why, your Pyrrhic victory is illegal in AC's eyes. You can not turn down AC management!

Why the HELL did you think that AC was willing to acknowledge the seniority issue as the reason for the TA failure? Because it is now NOT their fault as management and it is NOT the subject of the TA itself. And everyone follows along thinking, yeah, ok I voted on the TA but if this can be twisted into a seniority issue, I'll go along with that.

By allowing the inertia of public, pilot and press thinking to be influenced by the idea that seniority was the issue, without any actual proof of numbers, AC has now taken this fight to the CIRB as an illegal vote. We can not vote on a Tentative Agreement to our collective bargaining agreement unless it what AC wants.

Should this pass the CIRB, we are neutered as a group. We might as welll bend over. The only thing that might save our fat asses is if AC has to prove their allegation before the CIRB. If you can prove that seniority was the issue, then maybe you can help AC out in this matter.

Twits! ****, there needs to be a good old ass whupping, and I think AC might be about to deliver that to ACPA. Milton will win, and he will beat the crap of anyone that stands in his way.