PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Instructors who refuse to spin
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2005, 09:42
Boeing737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top o the morning. On topic i have spin training coming up for my ppl. I am undertaking an IAA ppl, and for this they want all ppl students to have completed spin training, but in saying this, the student has to be demonstrated spin recovery, they dont actually have to carry it out themselves, so its just a matter of sitting there and watching while the instructor throws it around. I will be doing it in a c150 and im feeling a wee bit nervous. I have done stalls before a few years back and incipient spins, where the wing dropped. But this was a few years back. Im just wondering what to expect for spinning?? Is it a violent manoeuvre?? What are the sensations?? I would really appreciate it if someone could provide a little insight into what i can expect to ease my nerves a little. Im will be spinning with my regular instructor, who i trust.
Many thanks!
regards

Also i thought i would mention, that if it was not mandatory, i would without doubt ask my instructor anyway to demo spin recovery to me anyway, as a little confidence booster and to prepare me for anything adverse.